Sunday, July 18, 2010


I am lately overwhelmed with gratitude for the Gift of the Holy Ghost. This blessing to have the constant companionship, guidance, comfort, and support from a member of the God Head is truly amazing. I wonder how I could ever function without it. It is priceless. But it is not without cost. The cost is living a Christ-centered life. I am ashamed by the countless times I have traded the companionship of the Spirit, for some small, ultimately worthless, worldly pleasure. If asked would I give up this Gift for a million dollars, I would quickly reply, "Never!" And yet I have done just that, for far less: A less than inspiring movie, a word of gossip, a few extra moments of sleep that might have been scripture study time, a caustic remark, a minor dishonesty, etc.
So this week I will try to not offend the Spirit, invite it in by my faith and obedience, share the blessings it brings with those around me.

1 comment: