Sunday, April 25, 2010

I graduated this week! Yes, I'm no longer one of the new missionaries in my zone. I was assigned the job of mentoring a really new missionary. Sister Stanley is a sweet lady from Colorado. Except for those two facts, she reminds me a lot of me when I first started here. Her husband died near the time that mine did. She has used computers a lot, but doesn't really understand them. She has children and grandchildren she misses. She came on this mission with a leap of faith that she could learn what she needed to learn in order to be of service. Trying to help this dear sister has been humbling so far. I am not an expert at the things we are expected to know. I have learned to do a lot, but teaching someone else to do it requires vocabulary and precision that I just haven't got. (I know you need to double click there, but I don't know what "there" is called, or what would happen if you only single clicked) So if anything, the gift I am giving Sister Stanley is the permission to not know everything. My example tells her that you can still do something without knowing it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment