Sunday, May 2, 2010

It is Springtime in my Soul Today





On April 29, 2010 I awoke to a world covered in snow. Again. You've got to be kidding me! Really, it was almost May and still we're getting snow. I went to work but was having trouble getting started, feeling almost depressed through most of the morning. The snow came down thick and hard through most of the day, which did nothing to lift my spirits. I think what happened is that I had let myself believe that winter was over and that warm weather, blossoms and sunshine were what I had to look forward to. It was my expectation that led to the depression, not the weather.
Thankfully, although the weather has remained miserable, the rest of the week has been wonderful. Thursday night was a spectacular event at the conference center, "A Celebration of Family History." David and I went and my mother was able to attend with us. The program was music by the MOTAB, special films of family history stories, a message from President Eyring, and an address by David McCullough, author and historian (1776, John Adams). It was an amazing evening full of inspiring music and words that had us alternately in tears and in stitches. It was also the first time I have ever been in the assembly hall of the conference center. What an impressive, massive room!
Saturday we were fortunate to attend the sealing of my sister Laurel's latest 3 daughters to their parents. This is the stuff of Eternity, and it never fails to inspire. The sight of that enormous family in that sacred place, being sealed forever, reminds me that we are part of an even bigger family, bound by covenants and promises that are more powerful than any force on the Earth, and through our Savior Jesus Christ we can all return to our Heavenly Home. Awesome!
Today after our services, my nephew Oati was ordained a priest. He asked his cousin David to stand in the circle of his ordination. I couldn't hold back the tears as I witness this special, righteous young man exercise his Priesthood.
I'm told that it may yet snow again before this endless winter expires. OK. It seems that there is much to keep us warm.

1 comment:

  1. Talk amongst yourselves. I am feeling verklempt from this blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete