Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Valentine

Friday evening Mom and I attended a concert of Synthesis, the BYU jazz ensemble. Very Fun. But during intermission one of my zone leaders approached me to tell me that a young man had been looking for me at the library after I left that day, and had left a letter and a valentine for me. I assumed it was a relative, but was told this was someone who didn't know me but had something special to give me. Now I was intrigued. I went by the library to pick up my valentine. I was a large, flat box, with the following letter attached:
Dear Sister,
Yesterday I happened onto a beautiful winter scene and quickly retrieved a camera so I never would forget it.
On the 4th picture I realized I had not noticed that a pedestrian was walking through the scene and I had caught him in the picture.
You and I both will have the same thought "how did I miss that!" I'm not sure either, but to a fellow who truly has no photography skills I found it added greatly to the scene.
After a small search, and prompting from the spirit, I learned who the individual was and a bit of his history. Hence a Valentine from someone you have never met.
Hope you like it.
Jeremy Lambert
Inside the box was a large (16"x20") matted and framed photograph of the Salt Lake Temple with a lone pedestrian, my son David, under his red umbrella walking to work.
This little reproduction really doesn't do the photograph justice. I don't know Jeremy Lambert, and my cursory attempts to locate him have not been successful, but I hope to meet him and let him know how touched I am by his thoughtful gift, and that it will undoubtably be my favorite keepsake of our mission experience.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing picture. I would be very interested to find out how Jeremy Lambert discovered that the red umbrella holder was your David.
    I think this valentine might have been prompted by someone who loves you very much.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing picture. I would be very interested to find out how Jeremy Lambert discovered that the red umbrella holder was your David.
    I think this very special valentine may have been prompted by someone who loves you very much.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz just gave me your blog address. This is so sweet! And a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete