Sunday, June 13, 2010

Random thoughts on a week in June





What a wonderful week we've had! First of all it was a great work week. The library is buzzing, although I'm told this is nothing to what it will be like when the summer crowds arrive. I had some record days as far as numbers of patrons who I was able to help, but also met some really nice people who wanted to connect with family. One of my favorites said, "So how does this work, we punch in our name and pull up our family history?" I gently explained that it isn't quite that easy, but we were able to find a lot of information about his family anyway.
I was also blessed with some success in my own family research. Because of that was able to do some work for family members of my own during my temple and research hours this week.
My dear brother Toby came into town on business and brought his youngest son Ed with him. We haven't seen much of Ed for quite a while (they live in Alaska) so it has been really fun to get to know him better. He and David went to see Shrek IV, which was I guess a huge hit as far as David was concerned. David donated $5 to Primary Children's hospital and got his picture taken with Shrek, I presume the real one.
We've had a bit of rain this week (everyone prays for it so why should I be surprised) but Spring continues to advance. The wilderness area where we ride, Dimpledell, is so lush and green that I get lost, not recognizing any of the familiar land marks. There is also a river running through it these days, where before there was dry creek bed. Saturday we rode further and longer than usual, up to a trail at the very top of the ridge. From there I could see the mountains on three sides, green and almost completely snow free. Most remarkably I was able to see from that vantage point, three temples. I thought of the amazing blessing of living in a time and place where there are enough good people to keep so many temples busy.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, just lovely. I like the spring. In AZ we get a little grass and desert blooms but to us it feels like the shire in Middle Earth.

    Post a picture of David with Shrek!

    ReplyDelete