Sunday, March 21, 2010




During the past week or so some remarkable things have happened, that at first glance may seem completely unrelated, yet in my mind they are part of a big picture that has everything to do with why we are here on this earth.
My beautiful baby granddaughter, Derby was born. Welcoming her were her faithful parents, siblings and a multitude of loving family members, near and far.
Saturday my lovely new niece Emily Ying Osborn Fetzer was baptized. She has been studying with the missionaries here ever since her arrival in America and has a sweet assurance that what she has been taught is true. The Spirit was so powerful that I am sure that it is no coincidence that she came to this family at this time.
I attended the wedding of my nephew Jake and his lovely bride Lindsey in the Omaha, Nebraska Temple. Family members from all over the country were there to participate in this sacred event. It was a glorious occasion full of the hope and beauty that accompanies temple weddings.
My dear friend Lynn completed her Earthly mission and returned to her Heavenly home. As sad as we are to see her go, I have no doubt at all that she is having the most wonderful reunion with her loved ones on the other side.
I had the opportunity at the Family History Library to help a lovely family from Pennsylvania. They were interested in a side of their family of which they knew very little. As we found artifacts of their lives, their births, marriages, and deaths, I could tell that they were moved by the discovery. When they left, the mother expressed appreciation for the library and the service it provides. Then she said, "What a wonderful world this would be if everyone valued family as much as you do." It got me thinking about what we do. We link couples and their children, generation after generation so that this special bond can endure after death. Because we are children of God and He loves us. What a wonderful world indeed, if we all valued each other as much as God does.

1 comment: